Monday, June 7, 2010

IRONMAN 24 WEEKS OUT

Since my last post I did have to fight off a sore throat and slight cold that limited my training to some degree. I also took some time off work to get extra rest that I needed. The training that was impacted the most were my swim workouts. When you can't breath and have a sore throat, getting in a pool and swimming laps just isn't fun. Thankfully my cold was short lived and I'm back in the pool and have had a solid week of training. At this point I'm not too concerned with my swim training, but I will start increasing the length of my swim workouts by the end of this month. I keep reminding myself that the swim is only 10 -15% of my overall Ironman time so its more important to focus on the bike (my strength?) and the run. Here are my numbers from last week. I plan on posting my workouts every Monday so you can get a glimpse of what it takes to be an Ironman. I'm realizing now that one of the most important aspects of training for an Ironman is proper sleep. For me that seems to be 8 hours. Challenging when you're married to a beautiful younger woman.

MONDAY - Off
TUESDAY- Brick. Bike 1:15 Run 4 miles.
WEDNESDAY - Swim 1,000 yds. Run 6.5 miles
THURSDAY - Bike 1:00 with hills.
FRIDAY - Swim 1,000 yds.
SATURDAY - Brick. Ride 2:45 (52 miles) Run 4 miles.
SUNDAY - Run 9 miles followed by a :45 minute bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment