Monday, June 21, 2010

IRONMAN 22 WEEKS OUT


I usually have a great workout on Tuesday after taking a day off but not so last Tuesday. I made the mistake of not eating enough before and during my workout. I felt terrible and my heartrate was all over the place. Be sure to eat right during the day (hard to do sometimes when you are at work) and eat your fuel of choice during your workout. (GU for me) On Wednesday I made sure I managed my nutrition properly and had a good swim and a great track workout running my last mile at 7:43 with an 80% effort. What is encourageing to me is I'm 10 weeks in to my training and the majority of the workouts I'm doing are done at 75% of my max heartrate which is an easy number to hit, especially during a 10 mile run. Despite these relativly easy workouts I'm seeing and feeling the improvement in fitness.


MONDAY - Off
TUESDAY- Brick. Bike 1:01 Run 4.5 miles.
WEDNESDAY - Swim 1,000 yds. Track workout w/mile repeats total 5.5 miles.
THURSDAY - Bike 1:01 with hills.
FRIDAY - Swim 1,000 yds.
SATURDAY - Ride 2:48 (52 miles).
SUNDAY - Run 10 miles followed by a :45 minute bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment