Sunday, June 13, 2010

IRONMAN 23 WEEKS OUT

This week I adjusted my schedule to accommodate the race on Thursday. My swim on Friday morning was hard after a tough race Thursday evening. I wanted to quit early but still did my 1,000 yards. I'm glad that I didn't have a brick workout on Saturday so I could recover further for my long Sunday run. My running is improving and on Saturday I rode my new race bike instead of my triathlon bike on the usual Saturday group ride I do and my bike fitness is also improving nicely. It was nice to take a "break" this week and do a tough race.
Here are the numbers for this week.
MONDAY - Off

TUESDAY- Brick. Bike 1:01 Run 4 miles.

WEDNESDAY - Bike 1:01 with hills.

THURSDAY - Swim 1,000
yds. Peters Canyon Trail Race 5 miles.
FRIDAY - Swim 1,000
yds.
SATURDAY - Ride 3:01 (55 miles).

SUNDAY - Run 8.5 miles followed by a :40 minute bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment