Sunday, March 21, 2010

Final Training Week

The work is done! I'm on the final week of 20 weeks of preparation for Ironman California 70.3, my first Half Ironman. Today (Sunday) my plan had me running "only" eight miles at an easy pace. I held back despite feeling good and ended up at the pace I was targeting while keeping my heart rate generally in the 150's or lower. The focus the next five days before my event will be recovery and tapering my workouts just enough to keep my body honed and ready for next Saturday. I'm so thankful to make it this far in my Ironman journey without any injury our illness. I have no doubt that God has blessed this journey so far and allowed me to pursue the Ironman and hopefully for some greater purpose. I love what Paul says, "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.

TRAINING NUMBERS

Monday - Another Day Off :)
Tuesday - Bike 1 hour w/hills
Wednesday - Swim 1,250 yards. Run 4 miles speed work.
Thursday - BRICK Ride 1 hour w/hills followed by 2 mile run at 8:25 pace.
Friday - Swim 1,300 yards
Saturday - BRICK Bike 60 miles followed by 1 mile run at easy pace
Sunday - 8 Mile run with hills at 9:02 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment