Saturday, March 6, 2010

Desert International Triathlon

Although I have some questions about my health I'm on my way to Palm Desert to race at the Desert International Triathlon. This will be my third triathlon all of them being Olympic distance. I'm hoping to see improvement at this distance and more specifically use this race as a tuneup for IMCA in three weeks. I feel the area I've improved the most is my running and ironically enough with all of the unusual rain we have had here in SoCal I have not been in the saddle nearly as much as I would have liked. Of course that is my supposed strength so we will see how that works out. I'm still a slow swimmer but was feeling more confident until my workout Friday morning. I have some specific goals for this race however the forecast is calling for possible rain. I've done my share of bike races in the rain but never a triathlon! It could be interesting. Look for my race report Monday. I would love to get under the three hour mark for this distance. Any and all prayers are greatly appreciated!
Goal times:

Swim - 35:00

T1- 4:30

Bike - 1:20:00

T2 - 3:00

Run - 56:00

TOTAL TIME 2:58:30


No comments:

Post a Comment