Monday, September 6, 2010

EATING FOR AN IRONMAN



As I continue to rack up the mileage and hours of training for Ironman Arizona I'm amazed at how much fuel I burn and how much I need to take in. With my wife Liz training for a marathon at the same time as my Ironman training, our nightly dinner table is loaded with thousands of calories which usually includes lots of pasta, steamed rice, or potatoes with fish or chicken a vegetable and of course our staple of a loaf of warm bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. A tasty meal for sure but basically this is what we eat every night...except for last night. Sunday night we decided to take our recovery meal to a new level and go to In N Out. First we had to complete our training plans which for me was a 12 mile run followed by an hour on the bike. For Liz it was a 16 mile run. There's nothing like a Double Double after a long workout!

ITEMS ORDERED
2- Cheese Burgers
3 - Double Doubles
3 - French Fries
 

TOTAL CALORIES - 4,110

It sounds like a lot of calories until you compare it with these numbers. 
TOTAL REPLACEMENT CALORIES NEEDED FOR IRONMAN ARIZONA - 3,323
ANTICIPATED CALORIES BURNED AT IMAZ - 8,664

No comments:

Post a Comment