Sunday, August 8, 2010

TROUBLE IN TEMPE!


"When The Levee Breaks I'll have no place to stay" I cant get that Led Zeppelin song "When the Levee Breaks" out of my head. For those of you who don't keep up on local news in Tempe Arizona, the levee or in this case inflatable dam, burst sending all of the water used for Ironman Arizona down stream. Fortunately no one was hurt but it does put somewhat of a cloud over IMAZ. The City of Tempe hopes to have the dam replaced and the man made lake refilled by November 1st just three weeks before the start of my race. It's completely out of my hands so I will just keep training with the hope that all goes well with the repair. I'm trusting WTC who runs everything Ironman has already come up with an alternate strategy if Tempe Towne Lake is dry and maybe my first Ironman will have an added historical footnote.

Here is the lake during the IMAZ swim start.















Here is what it looks like now.

No comments:

Post a Comment