Monday, August 2, 2010

IRONMAN 16 WEEKS OUT

If you look at my training this last week you will notice the increased workload. Of special note is last Sundays run. It' the longest run I have ever done in my life and the longest ever in training. A little more than a half marathon distance. I'm still struggling with my nutrition and making sure I'm taking in enough calories on days like Tuesday and Wednesday and not over eating on days like Thursday and Friday. I've never counted calories although I've been known to look at the calories of food items but now I'm starting to count the calories so I have an idea of how much fuel I need for the days work after work. Speaking of training, with the exception of swimming, I'm doing all of mine after the workday. It seems more people do their workouts in the morning but I prefer to sleep later and do the work after work which makes my caloric intake during the day important so I can get through the evenings workout without bonking. In two more weeks I will be getting in to the more intense training of my plan including Saturdays of doing my own triathlons. I can't wait!
Here is last weeks schedule.
MONDAY - Off

TUESDAY- Brick. Bike 1:38 (30.3 miles) Run 4.2 miles.
WEDNESDAY - Swim 1,500 yds. Run 7.0 miles (track workout)
THURSDAY - Bike 1 hour hills. (17 miles)
FRIDAY - Swim 1,500 yds.
SATURDAY - Brick. Ride 2:27 (43.8 miles) Run 5.1 miles.
SUNDAY - Run 13.8 miles followed by a 1:15 bike (20.2 miles).

No comments:

Post a Comment