- Greg's race # is 207.
- You can follow him on http://live.ironman.com, beginning at 6:30am EST (3:30am CA time). Or, you know, whenever you wake up.
- You can also follow him on the iPhone app "Iron Trac" - it costs $0.99 but I'm sure it's worth it if you're out and about (like me!) and want to check in on how Greg's doing.
- Greg's race will start somewhere between 7am and 7:30am EST, and these are his predicted times:
- SWIM: 1hr40min
- BIKE: 6hr35min
- RUN: 4hr48min12sec (11min/mile pace)
- TOTAL: 13hr35min (including transitions)
- Be sure to check for pictures and updates on my Facebook page, or Greg's - I'll tag him in anything I post. Friend either one of us, if you haven't already!
|Greg with Delores Eaton|
The logistics for the race are going to be quite tricky, as if just making it to the start line healthy and injury-free isn't hard enough in and of itself! Greg will join the others on a 4am ferry to the transition, drop off his last minute gear, then board a 6am ferry to the swim start. That's the end of the logistics for Greg, and as long as I can make it on the ferry to the finish line, and we can get on the ferry back to the hotel, we'll be all set!
Along the course, Greg will have posters and pictures to inspire him and remind him why he's racing. It's easy to lose track of this when you're pushing your body to the limit.
Thank you all for your continued support and prayers. We're looking forward to sharing the day with you!
Liz (& Greg)