Friday, November 19, 2010

IRONMAN THURSDAY REPORT

The drive here to Tempe went smooth with little or no traffic. Liz and I got checked in to our room and went out for a short 10 mile bike. I'm feeling so good now and being here has certainly heightened my excitement. The ride was a semi hammer session and it was hard for me to hold back hitting speeds at times of 27MPH.
We finished the ride and after a quick shower we headed to our first Ironman experience. A private party hosted by TriSports for their preferred customers doing Ironman Arizona. I did't know what to expect or how "private" this party would be but I have to tell you that TriSports made us both feel like elite athletes. We were treated to an all you can eat buffet an open bar, and free schwag not to mention a chance to meet Samantha McGlone defending IMAZ champion and former world 70.3 champion. Matt Long a NYFD 9/11 survivor who is also an Ironman and Mike Riley the voice of Ironman. This was at a small gathering of maybe 50 people. We ate and made  new friends with some athletes from Philadelphia and had a great time. I'm proud to say that I was the last person still going to the buffet line and eating which should not be a surprise to any friends reading this. Thank you to Seaton and Debbie owners of TriSport for your hospitality.

No comments:

Post a Comment