Wednesday, April 14, 2010

IRONMAN LOTTERY

When I didn't have a confirmed slot for Ironman Arizona (IMAZ) I decided to take a chance and enter the lottery for a slot at the World Championships in October at Kona HI. What better way to do my first Ironman than at Kona with all of the top triathletes in the world!

Since I entered the lottery I now have a slot for IMAZ and tomorrow 4/15/2010 at 9:00AM PST I find out if I win a lottery slot to Kona. I have to laugh at entering a lottery to endure what is known as one of the most difficult and punishing endurance events in the world. It sure would help with training and motivation to know that at least I would get to recover for a few days in Hawaii!

My real dilemma if I were selected...should I do two Ironman events in the span of six weeks? Check back later or visit Ironman.com for the Kona lottery results!

No comments:

Post a Comment